If you want to try cooking your own BBQ feast, then we have some secrets to get the perfect BBQ. While we always encourage you to come to the professionals for some mouthwatering BBQ, everyone should know how to make their own tasty meats. BBQ is something that has been around for thousands of years and it’s just getting better and better. If you’re having a large or a small event, Not Just Q is the BBQ company to come to. If you want some real, authentic, and delicious BBQ, then contact our company. We look forward to providing out of this world BBQ for your event.
Tips To Get Great BBQ
So you want to get perfect barbecue? We understand. We have perfected our own BBQ, so you don’t have to fire up the smoker and spend hours of your free time tending to the coals. However, if you want to try to get flawlessly tasting BBQ yourself, then we understand and can help you achieve it. Below are just some tips that you can try out the next time you want to enjoy some BBQ.
- Basic Grills Can Be Great: Sometimes, you don’t have to go for all of the fancy gadgets to get a perfect cook on your meat. While some fancy grills and smokers can be a great investment, that doesn’t mean the basic ones should be. A basic charcoal grill can be a great investment for at-home barbecue. Just skip the propane grill if you’re looking for beautiful BBQ.
- Just Try It: The best way to figure something out is by trial and error. If you’re not sure how to smoke meat, then just try it and see what happens. Obviously, it’s important to read the recipe and these tips, but by trial and error, you’ll begin to get the hang out it.
- Consider The Equipment: When you’re purchasing your smoker (or maybe a charcoal grill), you’re going to want to consider the equipment you want to pair with it. The right equipment can make the experience much easier and makes a difference throughout the barbecuing process.
- Understand Every Smoker Is Different: You may think that every smoker is the same because it’s just a smoker, but that’s not always the case. A smoker comes in many different forms and there are no two that are the same. You’ll need time and trials to figure out the right mix of coals, wood, positioning, and so on to achieve beautiful low-and-slow smoking.
- Wait For The Perfect Temperature: Cooking your food to the right temperature matters for both health safety reasons and for reasons of deliciousness. You’ll want to get the temperature right so you can control what your food is doing. When it comes to smoking meat, this is often the most difficult part, especially as you have to add additional coals over the course of hours of cooking. You’ll want to consider adding coals and wood slowly so you don’t take the temperature in your smoker too high. The key to great barbecue is to let the meat cook slowly, at a low temperature. It’s easier to add additional coals and/or wood a little bit at a time rather than trying to pull coals out if you get it too hot.
When in doubt, hire a catering company like Not Just Q. We have catered a variety of different events as well as done food truck rallies. From weddings to corporate events, you can expect BBQ that’s mouthwatering and delicious. We also offer flexibility based on your event size and needs, so you can get the most out of our menu. For more information about our catered events, don’t hesitate to reach out.